2015 Diversity Leader
Headquarters: New York, New York
CEO: John Veihmeyer
Recent Recognition Includes:
- Asia Society, Overall Best Employers for Asian Pacific Americans, (Distinguished Performance, 2nd), 2013
- Human Rights Campaign, Best Places to Work For LGBT Equality (100 out of 100 score), 2013, 2014
- National Association for Female Executives (NAFE), Top Companies for Executive Women (Top 10), 2013, 2014
- Working Mother, Top 100 Companies for Working Moms, (Top 10) 2013; Best Companies for Multicultural Women (Top 5), 2013, 2014
- DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for Employee Resource Groups(4th) and Top 10 Companies for LGBT Employees (7th), 2014
We’re building a diverse talent pipeline by investing in key programs at every educational level, says Kathy Hannan, KPMG’s National Managing Partner, Diversity and Corporate Responsibility.
“At KPMG, we believe our intellectual capital must be as diverse as the clients we serve and the communities in which do business. We also know that our ability to leverage the diverse experiences, talents, ideas, and perspectives of all our people is linked to our success in the marketplace.
“To support a diverse talent pipeline, we invest in programs that span the educational continuum, beginning with KPMG’s Family for Literacy program, which has provided more than two million books to children in need. We partner with Junior Achievement USA and the National Academies Foundation to advance financial literacy for middle and high school students. Our Future Diversity Leaders program provides internship and mentorship opportunities to college students, and our PhD Project supports doctoral candidates, who will become business professors and mentors to the next generation of diverse professionals.
“Internally, the firm provides an extensive network of mentors, sponsors, and programs. KPMG’s Associate Credentialing program ensures that ethnically diverse associates gain experience with our most important client engagements. Our “Career Life Strategies, Looking Ahead” program provides guidance and support for women. Leaders Engaging Leaders connects members of our Board of Directors and Management Committee with high-performing diverse partners.
“The firm’s inclusive culture is further fostered by seven diversity networks, including KPMG’s Network of Women (KNOW), [email protected], Abilities in Motion, and our African American, Asian Pacific Islander, Hispanic Latino, and Veterans networks. Our Diversity Advisory Board ensures that leadership is in tune with the needs of our diverse employees and able to enact changes and initiatives for their benefit.”