2015 Diversity Leader
Headquarters: Southfield, Michigan
Sr. Vice President–Automotive: Edouard Tavernier
Recent Recognition Includes:
- Michigan Business and Professional Association (MBPA), 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, 2014
- Sisters Achieving Success, Harmony & Empowerment (SASHE), A Great Company for Women, 2013 & 2014
- CORP Magazine, Salute To Diversity–Marc Bland (VP of D&I), 2013; Deb Young (VP of HR), 2014
- Diversity Global Magazine, Diversity Executive of Distinction–Marc Bland, 2013
- Profiles in Diversity Journal, Global Innovation Award Winner, 2013 (for providing Hispanic/Latina sub-culture new and used vehicle buying data that is helping drive increased awareness and focus across the auto industry of the growing consumer power of the Hispanic/Latina auto buyer); 2014 (for providing LGBT auto-buying statistics for the U.S. and large markets across the Country)
Leaders are the ones who move beyond and share these best practices with other colleagues and professionals to create broad awareness, says Marc Bland, Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion.
“At IHS Automotive, we recognize data is helping drive increased awareness, focus, investment, and execution in expanding diversity and inclusion across the entire automotive industry. We also realized early on that the best way to get traction on the topic of diversity and inclusion was to demonstrate how these efforts improve revenue through increased sales or via new product innovation.
“We are truly blessed to have a leader like Edouard who “gets it” and shows his support for diversity in many ways, including stepping up and serving on panels to promote the benefits of diversity and diversity data. A frequent topic at our quarterly Town Hall meetings, diversity also comes up as a top sales concern, including a strong demand from our automotive partners for our diversity data.
“To make sure that our diversity and inclusion efforts are present everywhere inside and outside HIS Automotive, our Vice President of Diversity does the following:
- Heads up the sales of all ethnic, gender, LGBT, and Military data
- Works closely with our Vice President of HR to ensure that there is a strong pipeline of diverse candidates for open colleague opportunities
- Works with our VP of HR to ensure that domestic partner benefits are made available to IHS Automotive colleagues
- Works with IHS leadership to ensure that corporate sustainability efforts touch diverse communities
“Of course, here at IHS Automotive, we believe that regardless of title, diversity and inclusion is everyone’s job within an organization.”